These appointments will usually take place in the mornings. Please make sure that you follow the instructions given to you by your doctor / NP / PA. To maximize the efficiency of these visits, please follow these steps:
- If you were instructed to fast, please do not eat after 9:00 PM the night before your lab visit.
- Let the Front Desk staff know that you have arrived as soon as you walk into our office.
- Always show your insurance card to the person drawing your blood to make sure that your information is accurate.
- Always let your doctor / NP and nurse know if you have had difficulty having your blood drawn.
- If you are a diabetic, do not take your insulin in the morning if you are fasting.
- Let the staff know if you are feeling lightheaded or sweaty prior to having your blood drawn.
- Your lab visit should not take longer than 20 minutes. If you wait longer than this in the office, ask to speak with the Office Manager.
- Do not allow your blood to be drawn if you do not feel comfortable with the procedure.
- Note that your doctor / NP will call you if your lab report is abnormal. You will not receive a call if the report is normal unless you request that we call you to confirm your report.